My name is Yvonne, and I recently moved from a city in Northern Germany to the Hawaiian island of Oahu. Quite a big step most of you would say and I am not gonna lie – it was and still is a big step for me. I am still adjusting to what they call “island life” and, as European as I am, I still have to get used many things here.
Here are a few things about myself:
- I am a teacher.
- I love being active.
- I love all kinds of food.
- I love cold weather. (Not a good thing in Hawai’i.)
- I love the beach. (A really good thing in Hawai’i.)
- I hate bugs. (Also not a good thing in Hawai’i.)
- I love baking.
- I love shopping.
- I love traveling.
- I love running. (Currently training for the Honolulu Marathon.)
On this website I would like to share a little bit about my life as a German girl in Hawaii. I would like to tell you about the struggles, the amazing moments, and my everyday life here.
I hope you enjoy this site!