There are certain things from Germany that I just can’t live without. These things might be ridiculous and totally replaceable, but you guys know how it is – once you get used to something it is hard to let go of it. So here is my list – ridiculous or not – these are the things I miss the most from Germany:
- Real bread – like Körnerbrot or Schwarzbrot
- Deodorant rollers – I hate those weird deodorant sticks that feel like you are rubbing a bar of soap underneath your armpit
- Chocolate – and I am not talking Hershey’s here, I mean REAL chocolate
- Katjes – you can buy plenty of Haribo here, which I like too, but what about those Katjes Jogurtgums?
- Bratwurst – and I mean REAL Bratwurst
- Grühnkohl – and I am not talking the raw version, also known as kale
- Weihnachtsmarkt and Freimarkt – for people not from Northern Germany also known as Kirmes
- Functioning public transportation
And of course I could keep going, but these are just the first ten things on my list (in no particular order by the way).